Mergers and Acquisitions transactions are very complex, this is why such transactions must be well negotiated and carefully structured, to reduce legal risks, manage tax issues and ensure timely execution.
Our team offers full legal support to our clients, whether at the buying or selling side.
The potential legal risks for such transactions could be:
- Funding incapacity of the purchaser
- Litigation and regulatory risks
- Change-of-control issues such as termination rights under critical contracts, loss of public grants or subsidies, and loss of major suppliers or customers
- Misrepresentations, particularly with accounting and tax
- Key employee retention
- Intellectual property issues, including trademarks, softwares and databases to be withheld, acces to the site and domain
To avoid at maximum any legal risks our team could assist you by structuring the transaction from a legal and tax point of view, performing the legal due diligence, drafting and negotiating the transaction documents, assistance for regulatory documentation, monitoring in general the closing of the transaction.